Description of Assignment
RFSU seeks a consultant to conduct an interview-based report looking into the quality of Swedish bilateral SRHR development cooperation in Bangladesh, Liberia and Ethiopia. The extent of the research will be approximately ten interventions examined by two interviews per intervention.
The report will aim to answer the following research questions:
- To what extent does bilateral interventions in Liberia, Ethiopia and Bangladesh, funded by Swedish ODA and related to SRHR, align with the Swedish international policy for SRHR.
- In what way is Sweden/ Sida bringing added value, regarding SRHR, to the development cooperation in Liberia, Ethiopia and Bangladesh?
For further details - see Terms of Reference
Background to the project
RFSU's vision is to meet the SRHR (sexual and reproductive health and rights) of all people. Therefore, RFSU follows the Swedish government's development cooperation work within SRHR with great interest. RFSU has, Since 2009, quantitatively mapped the Swedish SRHR funding in the report “Sex is politics - But where is the money?” with the aim of keeping SRHR prioritized and funding flowing according to policy. Now RFSU wants to deepen the analysis of funding for SRHR by conducting a qualitative report looking into the quality of (SRHR) aid financed by Sweden. Our goal with the report is to give useful input to the governments upcoming development cooperation strategy work for Liberia, Ethiopia and Bangladesh. The report is not an evaluation.
Profile of the consultant
Solid and documented knowledge and experience of:
- professional report writing for government, academia, civil society and/ or public institution
- designing and conducting interviews as method for material collection
- working freely in speech and writing in English
- Swedish development cooperation is a merit
- sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) is a merit
Please click the red button below to start register your application. We want you to upload your CV with references and contact details as well as your research proposal no later than 13th of december 2020.
The proposal should include:
a detailed proposal on method and design of the assignment
a project timeline
price per hour and total price